- Stroll the French Quarter of Pondicherry, enjoying the flavours and cultural treasures.
- Discover the lush, green world of Kerala at spice gardens, tea plantations and a wildlife sanctuary.
- Relax on the beach in Varkala and watch stunning sunsets from a cliff-top cafe.
- Explore the Backwaters and visit historical Cochin, an ancient trading port.
|All year||From 5 to 10 people|
Transportation with Air Conditioning
Charming Hotels with breakfast
Entrance to Monuments
This journey will take you on an epic odyssey through the cultures of South India. You will be enchanted by the French flavours of Pondicherry and the grand temple complex at Madurai in Tamil Nadu. You will immerse into the lush, natural world of Periyar and the traditional culture of the Backwaters in Kerala.
Immerse yourself on a 15-day journey through two of the most fascinating states in South India. We begin with a three days stay in Pondicherry, a charming seaside town in Tamil Nadu. Here you will engage in cooking and mandala making workshops, and be enthralled by classical Indian music and dance. You will discover the exclusive community of Auroville, an international city founded for the creation of human unity, and supported by Unesco for their values. As you travel through the state, you will visit the astounding temple complex at Madurai. In Kerala, you will immerse in the verdant natural world with stay at an organic farm, visits to tea plantations and spice gardens, and wildlife safaris in Periyar National Park. A relaxing three days in the beach town of Varkala will give you the opportunity to swim in the warm water waters of the Arabian sea, watch splendid sunsets from dramatic clifftop cafes, and have a wellness break that includes Yoga and Ayurveda. Finally, experience the famous Backwaters by boat and end your trip in the historical trading port of Cochin.
- Day 1Home Country
- Day 2Chennai – Mahabalipuram
- Day 3Mahabalipuram – Pondicherry
- Day 4Pondicherry
- Day 5Pondicherry
- Day 6Pondicherry – Trichy (4h)
- Day 7Trichy – Madurai via Tangore (4h)
- Day 8Madurai – Periyar
- Day 9Periyar – Varkala (6h)
- Day 10Periyar
- Day 11Varkala
- Day 12Varkala
- Day 13Varkala – Kumarakom
- Day 14Kumarakom – Kochi
- Day 15Kochi – Home Country
Tours can also be customized for more personal experiences
- We select accommodations that are well thought out and safe, we care about your rest.
- Soak up the nature and wake up near the tea plantations in Periyar.
- -Enjoy a boutique hotel in the French city of Pondicherry.
- Sleep next to the waves of the sea of the Indian Ocean in Varkala.
The truth is that the experience has been wonderful and the accommodations have been perfect and charming.
Luckily we chose an option that has allowed us to break from our normal lifestyle and connect with a new authentic culture.
Now, back to the routine I appreciate even more the wonderful trip that I have been lucky to do this summer